This page was updated by Mark Mason to provide the title and date of the most recently announced webinar.
US Expat Account Closures and Restrictions
Presented by: Thun Financial Advisors
- New brokerage account restrictions for American expats
- Restrictions on U.S. mutual funds
- EU restrictions on U.S. mutual funds and ETFs
- Compliance and regulation of cross-border account holders
- Ways to avoid or limit account closure and restriction issues for U.S. investors abroad
American Expat College Savings and 529 Plans
Presented by: Thun Financial Advisors
- Saving for College Overview
- 529 Educational Savings Plans
- Unique Circumstances for American Expats
- College Savings as Part of Financial Planning
How to navigate travel changes and cancellations
The Ultimate Buy and Hold Strategy
Speakers: Paul Merriman & Chris Pedersen
Presented by: AAII San Diego
Description: Investing has never been simpler. Target-date funds, index funds and robo-investing take most of the guesswork out of the investment process. As simple as investing has become, there is still a manageable handful of decisions that can mean millions of dollars of additional money to be spent or left to others. In this presentation, Paul Merriman and Chris Pedersen will address the two best buy and hold strategies they know, including 2 Funds for Life, the Ultimate Buy and Hold Strategy and 12 million-dollar investment decisions.
May 9, 2020!!!
Past webinars featured on Vagabond Finances:
Thun Financial Advisors offers many of their previous webinars here.
Investment Management and Financial Planning for Americans Abroad
Thun Financial Advisors presents this live webinar providing a detailed analysis of the challenges facing American investors. It will cover issues such as:
- Assessing investment risk given the COVID economic crisis
- Use of retirement accounts both in the U.S. and abroad (IRAs, 401(k)s, foreign pensions, etc.)
- Investing strategies, asset allocation
- Tax planning across multiple jurisdictions
- Impact of FATCA, U.S. citizenship-based taxation and other regulations
- Cross-border estate planning
- College savings plans in the U.S.
- Charitable giving
- Currency management
Click here for more information and to register for this free Thun webinar.
Key Estate Planning Concepts and Issues for U.S. Expats & Cross-Border Families
Stanton Farmer of Thun Financial Advisors presents on the complex issues regarding estate planning when Americans and mixed nationality families own assets across borders. This webinar will help Americans abroad understand these complexities from a financial planning perspective by covering…
September 24, 2019
Currency Risk and Investing for U.S. Expats Live Webinar
David Kuenzi of Thun Financial Advisors discusses how to integrate currency risk management into a rational investment and financial planning strategy for Americans abroad and families who live across borders and must plan their finances in more than one currency or tax system.
July 9, 2019
Estate Planning & Cross-Border Families
Stanton Farmer of Thun Financial Advisors presents on the complex issues regarding estate planning when Americans and mixed nationality families own assets across borders.
Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 7 AM – 9 AM CST
US Expat Investment Management and Financial Planning
David Kuenzi of Thun Financial Advisors presents on Thun Financial’s approach to integrated Investment Management and Financial Planning specifically for the needs of U.S. expats.
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Questions about Investment Management and Financial Planning for Americans Abroad
David Kuenzi writes by email:
Dear Mark [and all Vagabonds are welcome!],
We consistently receive feedback that the Q&A session is among the most useful aspects of our webinars. Therefore, we will host a webinar that is completely devoted to your questions about U.S. expat investing and financial planning. All Thun advisors will be available on the webinar and will field questions in their respective areas of expertise.
- November 27, 2018: Thun Financial Advisors Respond to Questions about Investment Management and Financial Planning for Americans Abroad